...The Flood Advisory continues for the following rivers in
Kankakee River near Wilmington affecting Will, Kankakee and
For the Kankakee River...including Wilmington...elevated river
levels are forecast.
An ice jam is affecting water levels in this area. River forecasts
during ice jams are less certain due to many complicated factors.
Significant river ice cover can cause large water level fluctuations
and flooding with little advanced notice. River ice may also cause
gauge observations to be inaccurate.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov/Chicago and
The next statement is expected Monday morning.
...FLOOD ADVISORY FOR AN ICE JAM REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE...
* WHAT...Localized minor flooding due to an ice jam located near the
I-55 bridge between the Kankakee Conservation Area and Wilmington.
* WHERE...Kankakee River near Wilmington.
* WHEN...Until further notice.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of overbank areas near and upstream of the ice
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 6:45 PM CST Sunday the stage was 5.6 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to remain steady below flood
stage at 5.0 feet. However, the river may fall below 5.0 feet
within the next few days.
- Action stage is 5.0 feet.
- Flood stage is 6.5 feet.