Daily Journal Editorial Board
We love to get letters! Have a response to current events or happenings? Have a cause or legislation you want to advocate for? Thoughtful criticism of elected officials or policy changes? We believe the Opinion Page is a great place for the community to converse. We invite you to be part of the conversation by submitting a letter to the editor.
Globally, one in three women experience physical or sexual violence mostly by an intimate partner. Violence against women and girls is one of the most pervasive human rights violations. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, evidence has shown that all types of gender-based violence, particularly d…
While we continue to search for an effective prevention or treatment for Alzheimer’s and other dementias, we need to make sure the large and growing number of dementia caregivers are getting the support they need. Currently in Illinois, there are 590,000 individuals caring for a loved one wi…
Over the past few months I’ve had many meetings with a bipartisan group of state’s attorneys and law enforcement officials to make necessary changes to the SAFE-T Act.
Sign up for our Newsletters
- 'The police failed': Menz daughter sues village of Bourbonnais
- FOOTBALL: McNamara tabs St. Laurence assistant Kelly for head coaching role
- Business owner at odds with city over license suspension, shootings
- Deputies arrest man outside jail after his release on separate charges
- Judge denies Jacklin's motion for a new trial
- Kankakee holiday parade nears with 53 float entries
- Memenga moves from Bradley to Bourbonnais, remaining in public works
- Illinois lawmakers OK SAFE-T Act cleanup, plan ends bail
- Officer Tyler Bailey returns to Bradley for good
- Bradley Christmas Parade names grand marshals, child participants