Riverside Healthcare and Merchant Street Art Gallery of Artists with Autism will both be hosting art shows that feature unique pieces from local artists.
Community nominees to be recognized during special presentation.
There is still no deal reached on a teacher contract at Bourbonnais Elementary District 53 after a negotiating meeting that lasted over five hours on Thursday.
COPS & COURTS NEWS
The Comets and Warriors came together to raise hundreds of dollars for first responders Thursday night. READ MORE
MORE LOCAL NEWS
Spelling 30 out of 50 words correctly on a virtual test, Quinn Meadows received the highest score out of 12 contestants Tuesday. ...READ MORE
Kankakee city officials look to keep unlicensed ATVs, dirt bikes and mini bikes off the streets. ...READ MORE
- Nano brew pub slated for west Kankakee
- UPDATED: Kankakee shooting ruled a homicide
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle while crossing Court Street
- Election coverage: The winners are in for City of Kankakee primary election
- Proposed law targets ATVs, dirt bikes on Kankakee streets
- New occupant at Coyote Canyon?
- Thousands waiting for vaccines in Kankakee County
- Explosion leaves Hopkins Park family homeless
- Bradley elementary schools to extend school day
- Kathy Burke
Sign up for our Newsletters
- Dennis Marek: Has America been heading toward fascism?
- Ben Shapiro: The authoritarian left is on the march
- WEBBER: What's your favorite Biden executive order so far?
- JACKSON: Early release of child killer isn't justice
- Voice of the People: High praise for Kinzinger
- Voice of the People: Global warming right here, right now
- Voice of the People: Biased media favors Biden
- Voice of the People: 'Different reality' best way to describe future
- Anonymous Aussie give foster children a boost
- Gary Moore: The kindness of us
The Kankakee County Health Department answered commonly asked questions about the county's vaccine sign-up and distribution process.
Kankakee County reported 3,139 COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered in the past week with a 1,200-dose spike on Wednesday, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
State and federal officials on Friday announced a new federal mass COVID-19 vaccination site will be opening March 10 at the United Center in Chicago.
Illinois residents 16 years of age and older with underlying conditions are now able to be vaccinated for COVID-19 in the state’s latest expansion of vaccination Phase 1B.
About 180 teachers and staff at Bourbonnais elementary schools are scheduled to receive the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine March 3, an important step in getting back to normalcy, Superintendent Adam Ehrman said Tuesday.