South Blaine battery fire

Firefighters from several departments responded to a house in the 100 block of South Blaine Avenue where a rechargeable battery exploded Friday morning.

BRADLEY — No one was injured when a rechargeable battery exploded in the basement of a two-story house in the 100 block of South Blaine Avenue this morning.

The husband, wife and their two children were home at the time of the incident at about 7:25 a.m.

The husband told firefighters he was asleep in a basement bedroom when the explosion woke him. He was able to extinguish the fire.

There was no damage to the house. Some drones located nearby were damaged.

The battery was being recharged on a multi-outlet charger.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Please be civil. Don't threaten others. Don't make obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist, sexist or otherwise demeaning statements. Be respectful of others even if you disagree with them.
Please be truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Please be proactive. Report abusive posts.
Please share updates or more information. We value your input and opinion.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK. Thank you!