DJ FILE - Police

BRADLEY — Discarded smoking materials caused a fire that did $5,000 worth of damage to the exterior of a townhouse Monday afternoon in the 1500 block of Wingo Lane.

A mail carrier spotted and called in the fire about 2 p.m. The carrier also notified the townhouse’s occupants so that they could exit the structure.

“The wind didn’t help,” Bradley Fire Chief Jim Eggert said. “Some smoking materials were smoldering, and the wind picked up the ashes.”

The rental property’s landlord and occupants were at the scene. The landlord has fire insurance on the property. The townhouse is habitable.

The Bourbonnais Fire Protection District and Kankakee Fire Department assisted Bradley at the scene.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Please be civil. Don't threaten others. Don't make obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist, sexist or otherwise demeaning statements. Be respectful of others even if you disagree with them.
Please be truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Please be proactive. Report abusive posts.
Please share updates or more information. We value your input and opinion.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK. Thank you!