Clifford Brewer, of Cullom, was sentenced to life in prison after being found guilty in the murders of his wife, son and a neighbor on Christmas Day 2019. Read more
The attorney for Xandria Harris, who is charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder in the shooting of two Bradley police officers in late December 2021, filed a motion to reduce the number of police officers in the courtroom during jury proceedings. Read more
Miguel Andrade, 24, of Kankakee, agreed to plead guilty to reckless discharge of a firearm for his part in the Kankakee County courthouse shooting in August 2021. Read more
An Iroquois County teacher was arrested by Watseka police Friday for reportedly having a sexual relationship with a student from the school where she taught. Read more
Richard E. Jacklin, a Catholic priest, was found guilty of sexually assaulting a Shapiro Developmental Center resident in 2017 in Kankakee County court Friday. Read more
Miguel Andrade opted to have Kankakee County Circuit Judge Kathy Bradshaw-Elliott decide his innocence or guilt for his part in the Aug. 26, 2021 shooting outside the Kankakee County Courthouse. Read more
Darius Sullivan is asking a Kankakee County judge to suppress the statement he made to investigators after he was arrested on charges of shooting and killing Bradley Police Sgt. Marlene Rittmanic and seriously wounding Officer Tyler Bailey. Read more
A Kankakee County Circuit Court judge ruled there was no conflict of interest in attorneys from the same law firm representing Miguel Andrade separately in a civil lawsuit and in his second-degree murder trial. Read more
Andria L. Langston, 27, of Kankakee, was arrested by Kankakee police Thursday and is suspected in the stabbing of a 67-year-old man on the city’s south side. Read more
Two men were shot and killed Saturday at Gippers Sports Club and Eatery located at 8455 E. Pine Bluff Road in unincorporated Coal City.
A Kankakee County Circuit Court judge ruled there was no conflict of interest in attorneys from the same law firm representing Miguel Andrade separately in a civil lawsuit and in his second-degree murder trial.
Andria L. Langston, 27, of Kankakee, was arrested by Kankakee police Thursday and is suspected in the stabbing of a 67-year-old man on the city’s south side.
Taneka R. McCoy, of St. Anne, was arrested Wednesday on first-degree murder charges in the death of Daryl T. Spears in February 2021.
The search for a fugitive in Iroquois County ended Thursday night when Joel T. Smith, 33, of Michigan, was apprehended, Iroquois County Sheriff’s Department said in a press release.
Xandria Harris, of Bourbonnais, one of two people charged with shooting and killing Bradley Police Sgt. Marlene Rittmanic and seriously wounding Officer Tyler Bailey on Dec. 29, 2021, had her latest court date Thursday.
Police continue the search for Joel T. Smith, 33, of Michigan, who is alleged to have sexually assaulted a female juvenile on an Amtrak train Wednesday.
Kankakee police arrested Raul Perez-Varela, 37, of Kankakee, and charged him with five felony counts of home repair fraud on Wednesday.
Kankakee police made an arrest in the 2014 homicide of DeArrion Harris, of Kankakee. On Wednesday, John Magee Jr., 55, of Kankakee, was charged with first-degree murder and aggravated battery with a firearm.
- Iroquois County teacher charged with sexual assault of student
- Embrace Consignment is Bradley bound
- Andrade pleads guilty to reckless discharge of a firearm in courthouse shooting
- FOOTBALL: Comets control Wilmington; end Wildcats' 24-game winning streak
- Kankakee police investigate fatal motorcycle accident
- 1 dead following home invasion in Iroquois County
- Stage 4 cancer not stopping Kankakee mom
- Home Furniture, Plumbing & Heating to shift gears
- Harris' attorney seeks limit on police in courtroom during trial
- Jacklin found guilty of sexually assaulting Shapiro resident
Sign up for our Newsletters
- ANOTHER VIEW: Vaping needs stricter regulations
- ANOTHER VIEW: Illinois’ cash bail ban still needs work
- Voice of the People: There are snakes in this story
- Voice of the People: Democrats making another word meaningless
- ANOTHER VIEW: Dems must end the scandal of congressional stock trading
- COMMENTARY: Will we have a severe flu season? It doesn’t need to be that way
- ANOTHER VIEW: High court’s rejection of lawmakers’ pay raises is good news, but case comes with a cost
- ANOTHER VIEW: Charges against state Sen. Emil Jones III show cheap price of corruption in Illinois
- ANOTHER VIEW: Congress must reach a consensus on election reform
- HAAS: Both sides should be able to address criminal justice, public safety
Kankakee police arrested Raul Perez-Varela, 37, of Kankakee, and charged him with five felony counts of home repair fraud on Wednesday. Read more
Kankakee County Sheriff’s police arrested Donald T. Roberts, 64, of rural Manteno, and charged him with theft and criminal trespass on Tuesday. Read more