Governors State University’s Center for Performing Arts’ (the Center’s) 2022–23 Season will feature an eclectic mix of music, dance and theatre.
Life Stories of Local Interest
After hearing a podcast that changed her outlook on personal growth, Bourbonnais resident Jessica Cook was inspired. So inspired, in fact, that she was motivated to write a book on the subject.
The community-based nonprofit organization Still I Rise will be hosting its 5th Annual Community School Supply Giveaway from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 20, at the Hillside Stage in Harold and Jean Miner Festival Square.
Harbor House is sponsoring a CEU training at KCC for police officers, first responders, healthcare professionals, social service and mental health workers and community volunteers.
I always enjoy hearing how you’re saving money in this economy — whether it’s with coupons, via smart shopping habits or by celebrating those amazing deals we’ve all encountered that were so good, we just had to tell someone about them.
Hello, this is Lovina’s daughter Verena. It’s Tuesday evening, and I decided to write Mom’s column. The sun is shining nicely, and there’s a nice breeze flowing.
Pet of the Week
To say the global pandemic rocked the world in horrific ways would be to put it mildly. We might never know the full extent of grief, anger and loss, but for certain, we’ve been forever changed for having come through this season of our lives. This is my story.
This week, I have been busy sewing for nephew Benjamin’s wedding, which will be next week.
Gary and Marcia Eckstein, Manteno, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Gary and the former Marcia Garabrant were married Aug. 5, 1972, at the United Methodist Church in Tolono. The couple were honored with an open house at Leo Hassett Center in Manteno hosted by their children and the… Read more
- OVER EASY: Celebrate life
- Jealousy undermines woman's relationship with retiree
- How to choose a 55-plus active adult community
- Vangie is her name, and travel is her game
- Drunk uncle crosses the line with kiss
- Teenagers' breakup puts parents in awkward spot
- How I got my kids to stop whining in only 3 days
- Father lies regularly to keep kids in line
- A simple, 3-step budget that can change your life
- OVER EASY: Negative can be positive news
- Elderly mom struggles to adjust to senior living
- Cheap basic cellphone plans for penny-pinching seniors
- When 'free' comes with a price tag