B-B Rotary hosting shredding event
The ninth annual Bradley-Bourbonnais Rotary Shredding Event will be held 10 a.m. to 12 noon June 22 at Turk Furniture, 515 N. Kinzie Ave. in Bradley.
Event co-chair Lori Gadbois invites individuals to “bring a trunk-load of your personal papers, receipts, tax documents, etc., to be destroyed in a safe and environmentally friendly method. Just drive up and Rotary and Bradley-Bourbonnais High School volunteers will be at the site to remove your papers from your vehicle to be shredded. Please bring your papers in disposable boxes or bags.”
There is no charge, but donations will be appreciated. No businesses, only personal papers.
Proceeds will be donated to Shelter Box, an international agency delivering the essentials a family needs to survive in the immediate aftermath of a disaster. Bradley-Bourbonnais Rotary has provided funding for several Shelter Boxes used in the U.S. and across the world.
Founded in 1905, Rotary is recognized as the world’s first volunteer service organization with a commitment and motto of “Service Above Self.” Bradley-Bourbonnais Rotary meets for lunch weekly at the Quality Inn & Suites, and anyone is invited to attend a meeting to learn more.
Limestone library to host events
The Limestone Township Library District, 2701 W. Tower Road, Kankakee, will host the following events:
• Little Rockers: 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesday — Little Rockers (infants to pre-K) is a music, sensory and reading-based program. It’s focused on parent-and-child interaction.
• Puppet Theatre: 1:30-2 p.m. Wednesday and June 19 — For grades 3-5. Learn how to make your own puppets, props and create a story. Set the stage and perform a show for family and friends.
• For the Love of Libby: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday. — A guide to e-resources, electronics and everything about library apps.
• Act Your Heart Out: 5-6 p.m. Thursday and Monday — Children in fifth grade and older can take a leap into the enthralling world of acting. We will cast individuals to perform in a comedy skit about librarians. Participants get a special backstage pass and a meet-and-greet with the cast of Acting Out Theatre’s latest production, “You’re a Good Man,Charlie Brown.”
• Coloring and Coffee: 11 a.m.-noon Friday — Bring coloring books, pencils, and markers for a morning session of coloring and socializing with others. Coffee and pastries provided.
• Father’s Day Craft: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday — For kids in pre-kindergarten to third grade. Work on a craft that is a suitable gift for Dad on his special day. All supplies are provided, and there is no cost for this program. For more information, call 815-939-1696 or visit limestonelibrary.org.
Kankakee library to host events
The Kankakee Public Library, 201 E. Merchant St., Kankakee, will host the following events:
• Bingo with the Books: 10 a.m. to noon, Friday on the fourth floor of the library. Snacks will be available. The event will be open and free to the public. For more information, call 815-939-4564.
• Poet’s Arrow: 6 p.m. Monday — Performers will be able to express their voice and support one another to take on the mic.