First Baptist Church of Kankakee at 1756 W. Illinois Route 113, Kankakee will be holding Little Dresses for Africa sewing day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
New Vision MB Church is hosting a food pantry on Friday and a block party on Saturday.
The Daily Journal invites area churches to send in news for publication. Brief items are published each Thursday and Church Scroll typically appears the first Thursday of the month.
More Church News
Pet of the Week
The Greater International Healing & Deliverance Center will present Women of Excellence Conference 2021 with the theme of "Stepping Into Your Divine Purpose."
Our new Life section feature "Best Bets" highlights five local calendar events happening today through Tuesday.
Merchant Street MusicFest returns to downtown Kankakee this Friday and Saturday.
The Ladies of SCORE presented their 20th Debutante Gala in a virtual presentation last month. Debutante Gabrielle Dee was presented.
After 16 months of closure, the Letourneau Home/Museum, a Village of Bourbonnais and Kankakee County historic landmark, will reopen on Sunday, Aug. 1. The home/museum will be open monthly from 1 to 4 p.m. on the first and third Sundays.
Rylee Thorson, of St. Anne, earned her Master's Degree in Digital Marketing and Communications from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wis., at the end of the spring semester. She is the daughter of Larry and Denise Thorson, of St. Anne. Read more
- Incredibly simple travel tips to take stress out of flying
- Young adult struggling as a full-time caregiver
- Help! My white leather couch reeks of smoke
- Man's lack of engagement concerns family-to-be
- Tired of online-only ad circulars and QR codes? You’re not alone.
- Why you should create a 'my Social Security account'
- Wife can't convey uncertainty of pregnancy to husband
- Extra money dilemma; should we buy cancer insurance?
- Make an impact with investing?
- 6 generics that are truly a great buy
- Woman continues to hide ex's double life
- Surprising other uses for automatic dishwasher detergent
- Adult son resists rent demands from parents