The Daily Journal invites area churches to send in news for publication. Brief items are published each Thursday and Church Scroll typically appears the first Thursday of the month.
More Church News
Pet of the Week
Our Life section feature "Best Bets" highlights five local calendar events happening this week.
The Secret Food Pantry will host its next mobile pop-up event from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Thursday in the Bourbonnais Municipal Center parking lot at 700 Main St. NW.
On Sept. 12, U.S. News & World Report released the 2023 Best Colleges Report, and Olivet Nazarene University received distinguished rankings and recognition including a ranking in the Best Value School — Regional Universities (Midwest) and Regional University (Midwest) categories.
A team roping group in Bonfield held a Labor Day event at the Strahan Ranch where buckle winners were sponsored by Bradley Mowers. Winners for 4 and over were Gio Ontiveres and Jake Hawkins and 4 and under winners were Jack Boyd and Nicky Ontiveres.
On Sunday, Oct. 2, the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church of Kankakee will be holding its 87th annual Greek Food Festival on its church grounds at 296 N. Washington Avenue.
Thinking about fostering, but not sure how to get started? Join the Kankakee County Humane Foundation at Bourbonnais Public Library, 250 W. John Casey Road, Bourbonnais, for this 101 session on rescue animal fostering.
- Single, professional woman rebuked for personal choice
- Free online hearing tests you can take at home
- The pain and pleasure principle
- Fewer food coupons means more shopping on price
- Clever ways to reuse coffee grounds
- An uncomfortable situation, but take new job
- Husband's fantasies have opposite effect for wife
- Man can't get his wife to the church on time
- Colleague's abuse of sick leave has come to a head
- New restaurant fees showing up on the bill
- OVER EASY: The Family Reserve
- Granddaughter disturbed by grandmother's early work
- Flu vaccines that are recommended for older adults