Ten-year-old Mackenzie Flowers, center, of Kankakee, leads a chant Saturday morning as she walks alongside her brother, Davian, 9, during "Their Future Depends on Our Change" rally. With the help of her mother, Lee Ann, Mackenzie organized the rally that aimed to get kids involved in the Black Lives Matter movement. More than a dozen gathered at the starting point at Bird Park to march to the Kankakee County Courthouse and back.
Sign up for our Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Kankakee police investigating fatal shooting
- Three local schools to play condensed fall baseball season
- Mall owner eyeing 'redevelopment'
- Bourbonnais police arrest man on attempted murder charge
- Pritzker to file new emergency rules that carry charges, fines
- Kankakee mayor: 'Sad day' for the city
- 'Derecho' storm brings strong winds through Kankakee area
- Former KRMA director indicted on fraud charge
- Momence residents turn out to support city leaders
- Carmen Snider