Lupe Carroll performed for the crowd Wednesday during the first Sandwiches with a Side of Jam event of the summer at the Harold & Jean Miner Festival Square in downtown Kankakee.
The event is hosted by the Kankakee Events Partnership, which includes the Kankakee Development Corporation, the Kankakee Public Library and the City of Kankakee, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month through August. Creme of the Crop and Bamboo Island served up fresh eats for the first of the lunchtime concert series.
Up next in series
• July 14: Three’s a Crowd as musical guest with Neighborhood Kitchen and The Pizza Kitchen cooking
• Aug. 11: The Lucky Pickers pair with Mia Bella’s and Martinez Tacos
In the event of rain, the back patio of The Depot will host attendees.
Tiffany has been a photojournalist with the DJ since 2014 & Photo Editor since 2018. She covers everything from daily news, sports and Lifestyles magazine shoots. A Herscher grad, Tiffany received her B.A. in Journalism at Southern Illinois University.
Sign up for our Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- CSL alters plant maintenance, utilities management
- Friendship Festival performance sparks social media attention
- MOORE: Savoring every last bite of life
- Wells-Armstrong lands new job in Maywood
- David Whitlow
- Police investigate body found near Aroma Park as possible homicide
- HOSEK: Dubuque: A small diamond on the bluff
- A pool of problems: Supply shortage affecting pool owners
- Police: 40,000+ untaxed cigarettes transported through Kankakee County
- Death notices: June 15, 2021