Preschoolers waved at supporters and teachers Thursday evening during the Play Palz 101 preschool graduation car parade, held in downtown Kankakee. The graduation theme song “Pomp and Circumstance” played as teachers and staff formed a line to wave and cheer as students passed by, escorted by emergency vehicles from the Kankakee fire and police departments. They stopped at the end to retrieve their certificates while maintaining social distance.
Sign up for our Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Protesters moving through Kankakee County
- Man walks from Chicago to Kankakee in support of George Floyd
- Coyote Canyon will not re-open
- More than 100 people at rally in Bradley
- Sheriff: Multiple reports of civil unrest, stay home
- Person struck and killed crossing Kinzie Avenue in Bradley
- 'No justice. No peace.'
- Kankakee School District plans to bring kids back in shifts next school year
- Man walks 46 miles from Chicago to Kankakee in honor of George Floyd
- Confused about what's open during Phase 3?