Fortitude Community Outreach volunteers gathered Wednesday evening at the Kankakee Train Depot to offer clothing and other supplies to homeless individuals in the community through the homeless shelter's mobile outreach operation. The purchase of shirts, jeans, underwear, sweatshirts, socks and shoes was made possible by grant money from the United Way's Kankakee and Iroquois Counties COVID-19 Community Response Fund. Along with the night's meal and clothing handout, hair cuts and hand sanitizer were offered as well.
Sign up for our Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Protesters moving through Kankakee County
- Man walks from Chicago to Kankakee in support of George Floyd
- Coyote Canyon will not re-open
- More than 100 people at rally in Bradley
- Sheriff: Multiple reports of civil unrest, stay home
- Person struck and killed crossing Kinzie Avenue in Bradley
- 'No justice. No peace.'
- Kankakee School District plans to bring kids back in shifts next school year
- Man walks 46 miles from Chicago to Kankakee in honor of George Floyd
- Confused about what's open during Phase 3?