In a decorated courtroom 309 at the Kankakee County Courthouse, 8 couples exchanged wedding vows on Valentine's Day, Friday, Feb. 14. Judge Imani Drew, who decorates for the occasion with the help of clerk Merita Segar, said she’s always delighted to officiate the ceremonies and make the room look special, a Valentine’s Day tradition started by retired Judge Susan Tungate. “It makes me feel wonderful to be part of the joy,” Judge Drew said. “Today is a little different than the rest of the days,” Segar said of wedding ceremonies held on Wednesdays and Fridays at the courthouse. “There’s more love in the air.”
Sign up for our Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Sheriff's police investigate death of inmate
- Federal child-sex sting nets 15 arrests in Bradley
- Hero City to open in Bradley
- UPDATED: Woman arrested on sex abuse charges involving minors
- Watseka sophomore left a lasting impression in a short time
- Beauty salon owner has grown successful shop in Kankakee
- Man sentenced to 60 years in 2011 murder
- Keys locked in vehicle leads to big pot bust
- Lowe's leases former Sears Logistics site
- Trial starts in 2016 fatal snowmobile accident