While 19 articulate elementary school students gathered to compete in the annual Iroquois-Kankakee Regional Spelling Bee Tuesday night, the outcome came down to a duel between two — Quinn Meadows, of Bradley Central School, and Bryan Aldridge, of Bourbonnais Upper Grade Center.
All other spellers were eliminated from the competition after 17 rounds except the pair. From there, the bee lasted another 16 rounds before Meadows emerged as the winner in Round No. 33.
Sign up for our Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Protesters moving through Kankakee County
- Kankakee School District plans to bring kids back in shifts next school year
- Person struck and killed crossing Kinzie Avenue in Bradley
- More than 100 people at rally in Bradley
- Sheriff: Multiple reports of civil unrest, stay home
- Man walks from Chicago to Kankakee in support of George Floyd
- Body recovered from river
- 'No justice. No peace.'
- Manteno resident suing Pritzker's authority on COVID-19
- Confused about what's open during Phase 3?