Rise Baking Company
Manteno, IL 60950
About Rise Baking Company
The joy of delicious bakery treats have always brought people together. By focusing on the future of those traditions, we can keep your shoppers coming back.
After all, Rise is a company built on elevating expectations. It’s what sets us apart from others in the baking industry. And why we are dedicated to putting your success above all else.
Our national sales team has the experience and expertise to get in front of your business challenges – no matter where you live. And we will never stop looking for the next great opportunity for you.
As you focus on the details of running your business, we can keep our eyes on what’s ahead. Together we’ll take charge of the delicious traditions of tomorrow.
Is this your business?
Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up!
Perform human resource related duties in the following functional areas: benefits and leave of absence administration, employee relations, workers’ compensation, training and development, policy implementation, employment law compliance, and staffing/recruiting.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for plant personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Respond to employee relations issues, e.g., employee complaints, and escalate to HR Manager as needed; assist in guiding and coaching managers during the employee disciplinary process
- Monitor employee eligibility for benefit plans; review benefits with employees; process benefits enrollment, cancellation, or changes; manage open enrollment communication and election process; verify benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment
- Manage leave of absence process and return to work of FMLA, STD, and LTD claims and workers’ compensation including necessary communication with the employee and management team
- Provide assistance with workers’ compensation process including entering claims, following up with employees, requesting and reviewing medical documentation as needed
- Coordinate/conduct new hire orientation
- Administer data entry in Alchemy, lead compliance training, and develop reports as needed
- Assist in creating and facilitating training and development opportunities for workforce
- Coordinate and maintain employee recognition program
- Conduct stay and exit interviews to drive improvements within the organization
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations including unemployment claims and EEO-1 reporting
- Maintain human resource information system records through entering new hires, status changes, and terminations; compile employee reports as needed; maintain employee filing system
- Provide assistance as needed for recruitment and onboarding activities
- Comply with all food safety requirements, training, policies, and procedures
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field or equivalent education, training, and experience
- 2-4 years of experience in a human resource role
- CP/PHR certification preferred or ability to obtain certification within 12 months
- Experience with a fast-growing manufacturing company preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to employment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills; experience with HRIS, preferably ADP
- Strong communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the Company
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work closely with other departments to advise and resolve issues as needed
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, manage changing priorities, and work well under pressure
- Cultural competency; experience/ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including various shifts as needed