Momence, IL 60954
About Silva International, Inc.
For more than 35 years, Silva International, Inc. has been providing dehydrated vegetable, herb, and select fruit ingredients to the food industry. Through the years, we've maintained sole ownership of our company and built a team with a wealth of knowledge—five of our key positions have over 100 years of combined experience in the industry. This command of the industry translates into consistency and continuity throughout the company.
Headquartered outside Chicago in Momence, Illinois, Silva International combines the bulk of our organization-processing, quality control, administrative, warehousing, shipping, sales force—in one location. Over our long and successful history, we've stayed focused on what we do best: producing ingredients using the highest possible standards. With more than three decades of experience, we take pride in our reputation as a leader in the marketplace.
Is this your business?
Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up!
We are seeking a full-time, entry-level cost accountant who will be responsible to establish and maintain standard labor and overhead cost on dehydrated vegetable raw and finished good food ingredients. Accountant will be responsible to establish standard labor and overhead cost components, load into ERP, validate costing, and maintain cost accounting system and processes.
- Analyze manufacturing operations labor and overhead costs.
- Develop and identify cost standards relevant to all product categories and production processing line types.
- Provide analytical data for goods produced, byproducts and waste that would provide benchmarks and be used to monitor results for operational efficiency and cost accounting standards.
- Create and manage formulas in ERP to assign standard costs to raw material receipts, to job routings, and to finished goods at job close.
- Create and maintain Inventory Cost Accounting system validation and support documentation.
- Perform month end job cost accounting system reconciliations.
- Maintain system to provide minimal material cost variances.
- Perform systematic Interval assessments, reevaluation, and application of standard costs by part and processing type.
- Provide analytical data reports on inventory volumes, yields, and costs to support operations and purchasing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Excelled in Cost Accounting and Information Technology related coursework.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Detail oriented.
- Mathematical skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Products, in addition to BI Tools and Reporting.
Recent or upcoming graduates encouraged to apply. This is a full-time position with benefit package including paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan.
To apply, please upload a resumé online or send a resumé to HR@silva-intl.com.