...The Flood Advisory continues for the following rivers in
Kankakee River near Wilmington affecting Will, Kankakee and
For the Kankakee River...including Dunns Bridge, Shelby, Momence,
Wilmington...elevated river levels are forecast.
An ice jam is affecting water levels in this area. River forecasts
during ice jams are less certain due to many complicated factors.
Significant river ice cover can cause large water level fluctuations
and flooding with little advanced notice. River ice may also cause
gauge observations to be inaccurate.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov/Chicago and
The next statement is expected around 415 AM CST late tonight.
...FLOOD ADVISORY FOR AN ICE JAM REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS MORNING
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by an ice jam continues.
* WHERE...Kankakee River near Wilmington.
* WHEN...Until further notice.
* IMPACTS...At 5.0 feet, Minor lowland flooding begins in areas
immediately adjacent to the river.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 9:45 AM CST Sunday the stage was 5.0 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to remain steady below flood
stage at 5.0 feet. However, the river may fall below 5.0 feet
within the next few days.
- Action stage is 5.0 feet.
- Flood stage is 6.5 feet.