Founded in 1903, the Daily Journal is the only daily newspaper based in Kankakee, Illinois, the county seat for Kankakee County.
The afternoon print newspaper is published Monday through Thursday, with a weekend edition on Saturday morning.
The Daily Journal's coverage and circulation area includes Momence, Bourbonnais, Bradley, Manteno, Aroma Park, Bonfield, Buckingham, Chebanse, Essex, Grant Park, Herscher, Hopkins Park, Irwin, Limestone, St. Anne, Reddick, Sammons Point, Sun River Terrace and Union Hill. The newspaper also circulates in portions of Will County to the north (Peotone, Beecher), Ford, Grundy and Livingston counties to the west, and Iroquois County to the south.
Daily Journal's headquarters is in downtown Kankakee, at 8 Dearborn Square, just off East Merchant Street.
8 Dearborn Square
Kankakee, IL 60901
- Main office: 1-815-937-3300
- Subscriber services: 1-815-937-3322
- Toll-free: 1-800-892-1861
- Advertising sales: 1-815-937-3355,
- Email: email@example.com
- Classified sales: 1-815-937-3340,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main office: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. to Noon
- Subscriber services: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Newsroom directory
- Send a news tip
- Subscriber log-in
- Become a subscriber
- Request home delivery
- Find a newsstand
Submit an obituary or death notice. There is a $50 charge for the basic obituary and a $200 charge for the extended obituary. Death notices continue to be free. If you fill out a form, you will be contacted by phone at a later time for payment:
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 1-815-937-3367
- ONLINE: Obituary submission form
- Rochelle Simpson, obituary desk editor: 1-815-937-3367, firstname.lastname@example.org